At the School of Engineering we have a wide range of opportunities for both undergraduate and postgraduate study.
Our degree courses cover seven different areas of Engineering and within each programme there are further options of MEng or BEng, full-time or sandwich degrees. Many of our students opt for a Year in Industry which is highly valued by employers, and others choose to improve their language skills with one of our Year in Europe courses. We have also introduced an MEng International degree scheme, which gives our students the opportunity to study with one of our many partner universities outside of Europe.
All of our degree programmes are accredited by the relevant professional institution, which is a big advantage for students who wish to become Chartered Engineers.
Our undergraduate programmes:
- BEng/MEng Architectural Engineering
- BEng/MEng Civil Engineering
- BEng/MEng Civil and Environmental Engineering
- BEng/MEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BEng/MEng Integrated Engineering
- BEng/MEng Mechanical Engineering
- BEng/MEng Medical Engineering
- Engineering Foundation
Our postgraduate taught courses range from core disciplines such as Civil Engineering to topical programmes such as the MSc in Manufacturing Engineering, Innovation and Management. All of our taught courses combine teaching of a very high quality and excellent research facilities and supervision. We also provide PhD, EngD and MPhil programmes across the core discipline areas of civil, electrical and electronic, and mechanical engineering.
We are organised into world class research groups which focus on today’s most challenging and exciting engineering issues, including nanotechnology, additive manufacturing, communications, medical engineering, sustainability and the environment, and energy generation and supply.
Our postgraduate programmes:
- MSc in Advanced Mechanical Engineering
- MSc in Civil and Geoenvironmental Engineering
- MSc Civil and Water Engineering
- MSc Communication Technology and Entrepreneurship
- MSc Electrical Energy Systems
- MSc in Manufacturing Engineering Innovation & Management
- MSc in Sustainable Energy and Environment
- MSc in Wireless and Microwave Communication Engineering
- MSc Civil Engineering
- MSc Compound Semiconductor Electronics
- MSc Structural Engineering
- MSc Building and Infrastructure Information Modelling (BIM) for Smart Engineering
We have very strong links with industry so you may find yourself working with well-known global companies to solve real life current industrial problems during the course of your studies with us. We also have excellent teaching and research facilities as well as academic staff who are nationally or internationally renowned for their research.